I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful New Year’s Eve! I ended up having a low key night with my family since Brad had to work all night. We went to the restaurant where Brad works to grab a few drinks and then headed to a family friend’s house to usher in 2012.
It was nice to wake up without a hangover and be able to get a jump on some stuff for the new year, including my resolutions. I normally don’t make resolutions but I decided to make a few goals for myself this year to keep me focused:
- Make some big career decisions.
- More date nights with the husband.
- Practice moderation. Dirty dishes in the sink won’t kill anyone.
- Grow readership and visibility.
- Continue to work on photography and new recipes.
- Post consistently.
- Continue to eat clean and focus on whole, unprocessed foods.
- Less grazing/snacking.
- Implement meal planning and planning ahead for busy weekdays.
- Do a handstand in yoga.
- Run at least one race, any distance, this year and stay injury-free.
- Lose weight and continue to gain muscle.
To me, these goals are not something that I must do or I fail. Instead, I like to view them as things that will help keep me accountable, motivated, and help me continue to push myself. Speaking of resolutions, I will be posting some tips to help with sticking to healthy eating and exercise goals later this week and will be back with some delicious recipes in a few days.
I’m excited about 2012 and all of the exciting things that it is going to bring! What are your resolutions for 2012?