I had grand plans to show you this gorgeous vanilla bean panna cotta with honey and strawberry mint puree and wax and wane about it’s subtle, sweet deliciousness.
But instead, I’m just going to show you Because it’s a gorgeous day out and you should be outside sipping wine or playing badminton
Yield: 2 big panna cottas, 4 smaller panna cottas (depends on your cups!)
2 cups strawberries
5 big mint leaves (a small handful)
1 vanilla bean
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
1 packet (2 tsp.) gelatin
2 Tbsp water
1. Combine your strawberries, mint, and a little water to get the blender moving. Blend until pureed and strain through a fine mesh strainer. Pour about 1/4 of the mix into cups and set aside.
2. Scrap the seeds from your vanilla bean
3. Combine one packet (or about 2 tsp.) of gelatin with 2 tablespoons water in a small microwave safe bowl. Stir together and set aside.
4. Combine milk and heavy cream in a saucepan with vanilla bean seeds. Heat over medium heat until just beginning to boil.
5. When milk mixture is just about to boil, heat gelatin mix in the microwave for 8 seconds. Then quickly whisk into milk mixture and take off heat.
6. Let panna cotta mixture come to room temperature and then pour into cups. Mix together the puree and panna cotta.
7. Refrigerate until set, at least two hours.
8. When ready to serve, drizzle panna cotta with a layer of honey and top off with some puree.