Really, there isn’t much to say about these cupcakes.
Let’s talk about this picture for a second. First off – ignore Brad’s tobacco and the iPad. Buuuut…I GOT A NEW CAMERA! A Nikon D3000 to be exact. So be ready for some serious pictures on this blog. No more point and shoot, woohoo! FYI – all other photos are from my old camera.
It’s chocolate + dulce de leche. I mean, these are pure sin. Or rather they are chocolate, caramel heaven. If heaven is anything like these cupcakes, sign me up.
Otherwise, I am heading down to the bar in hell to eat these and drink margaritas.
I made this for an intimate post graduation get together on Saturday and they were a huge hit! They are decadent and delicious and perfect for any chocolate lover.
Gfree Chocolate and Dulce de Leche Cupcakes
yields 12 cupcakes
160g gfree flour mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
3/4 cup of cocoa powder (not dutch process)
1/4 cup of hot coffee
1/2 cup of chocolate soymilk (or any milk or non-dairy milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line your cupcake pan with some cupcake liners and set aside.
2. Combine first four dry ingredients and sift together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, mix together the cocoa powder and hot coffee. Whisk until the thick paste is smooth.
4. Add vanilla extract and chocolate milk to cocoa mixture.
5. Combine sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs in a stand mixture (or using a hand mixer) until smooth.
6. Add in flour mixture and chocolate mixture, alternating. Mix until smooth.
7. Bake in for 20-25 minutes rotating half way through until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a few moist crumbs.
8. Let cool on a rack.
11. Frost with chocolate buttercream. You can also add a dollop of dulce de leche to the tops of the cupcakes and mix this in with the buttercream, it’s amazing.
12. Finish with a small sprinkle of fine sea salt.